Overwhelmed and Confused by the AIP Diet?
Don’t worry, you’re not alone. It’s a LOT to take in! But I’ve got you.
The AIP Basics Course is just the thing you need to go from overwhelmed to “I’ve got this.”
Whether you need to learn all the “rules” or just want to know the best way for YOU to start, this course has you covered.
Wait… what can I eat? And what do I have to avoid?
How long should I do it?
What do normal meals look like? Do you have some ideas for meals?
How do I travel, eat out, eat with friends?
What about reintroducing foods? That confuses me. What’s the process and best way to do it?
All of this – and more – is answered for you in the AIP Basics Course!
Take this course on your own pace and after a few hours you’ll be an expert at why, what, and how to do the AIP Diet.
The AIP Basics Course isn’t a haphazard collection of posts from various bloggers that you need to piecemeal together to figure out what to do. It’s an all-in-one, cohesive place to go when you just want to know what to do!
Here’s what you get in the AIP Basics Course:
Each lesson includes at least one informative video (with an audio download for each in case you don’t have the time to watch video) as well as PDF cheat sheets to refer back to.
Lesson 1: What is AIP?
• What the Autoimmune Protocol (AIP Diet) is
• Why you’d do it
• Why it’s effective for managing symptoms
* An overview of what the diet is
Lesson 2: Foods to Include and Avoid
• The specific foods we avoid and why
• The foods we try to include more of and why
• Spices you can eat during the elimination phase
Lesson 3: Common AIP Foods and Swaps
• Common foods on the AIP Diet that may be a bit unfamiliar
• What these ingredients are used for
• Easy swaps to make for your favorite foods
• AIP Pantry items
How to Start AIP
Lesson 1: The Best Way to Start
• The different ways you can start the diet
• Which method is best for you based on your personality and lifestyle
• What to do if you’re having a hard time starting
Lesson 2: What to DO Before You Start
• Steps to take before you start to give you the best chance at success
• Mistakes to avoid when preparing
• PDF downloads of 30-day and 90-day wellness journals to help keep you on track
Lesson 3: What to KNOW Before You Start
• How to not be taken off-guard by some things that may happen in the first few weeks
• Some helpful tips to make it all easier
• What to do if you’re doing AIP by yourself (and your family isn’t)
Food on AIP
Lesson 1: AIP Breakfasts
• How breakfasts probably look different from what you’re used to
• What breakfasts should be
• Ideas of what you can eat with recipes
Lesson 2: AIP Lunches
• How to make lunches outside your home less tricky
• What lunches should look like if you want to avoid afternoon tiredness and cravings
• Ideas for lunches with recipes
Lesson 3: AIP Dinners
• How to make sure dinners on AIP aren’t super time-consuming
• Giving some excitement to your meals so they aren’t boring
• How to make your meals nutritious
• Ideas for dinners with recipes, including the AIP Soups Meal Prep guide, a Batch Cooking Session Guide, AIP Mix & Match Meals, and an AIP Simple Sides book
Lesson 4: AIP Snacs
• What snacks should consist of to make sure you don’t get on the blood sugar rollercoaster
• How to make snacks to keep you full until your next meal
• Ideas for snacks
Lesson 1: Travel on AIP
• How even though eating while traveling isn’t as easy, it’s still doable
• What steps to take before traveling
• Easy ways to make sure you remain compliant while traveling
• How to eat while on road trips, on airplanes, and in hotels
Lesson 2: Eating out on AIP
• Avoiding cross-contamination that might make you sick
• How to order and get what you want – without being “that person”
• When the best time to eat out is
• What to order when eating out to remain compliant
Lesson 3: Eating at Friend’s and Family’s Houses
• How to let a host/hostess know you’re on a special diet
• What to provide when you’re going to eat somewhere else
• What to say when the conversation inevitably turns to why you’re eating a certain way
Lesson 1: When You’re Ready for Reintros
• How long you should be on the elimination diet before starting reintroductions
• What criteria you should consider to determine if you’re ready to start reintroducing foods
Lesson 2: Reintro Overview
• A basic overview of what the various stages of reintroductions are
• The process to reintroduce foods successfully
• Why foods are reintroduced in a specific order
• Common reactions you might have if you don’t tolerate a food just yet
• How to track any symptoms and reactions
Lesson 3: What Happens When You Cheat
• What the consequences of cheating during reintroductions might be
• What happens if you go too fast through the reintros
• What to do IF you cheat (or go too fast)
Lesson 4-7: AIP Reintroduction Stages 1-4
• The foods that you will reintroduce during each stage
• The procedure to reintroduce them
• What to look out for
• Why you might want take a lot longer than the original 72 hours for each reintroduction in Stage 4
• How to look out for certain ingredients that might cause you more harm than others (like gluten and corn)
• what to do after AIP!
Videos and handouts for every step of the way!
Ready to feel confident in your ability to do this healing diet?
Lifetime access and ability to learn at your own pace!
The AIP Basics Course
- Instantly access the entire AIP Basics Course
- Also get a bonus 5-Day AIP Meal Plan ($15 value)!
Hey! I’m Michele
Something snapped in me back in 2014, the day I sat in a chair on my patio, listlessly watching my toddlers play in the grass. When my youngest asked me to come play, I had to say no for the umpteenth time that month, because I didn’t have the energy to get out of the chair. It was heartbreaking. That was no way for a mom to live. Nor was bearing the heart palpitations, hair loss, irregular periods, low-grade fevers, chills, brain fog, and the myriad of other symptoms of Hashimoto’s Thyroiditis I felt but was too scared to speak out loud.
That day I decided I had to make a change. I may have been alive, but I wasn’t living. Despite having gone from doctor to doctor without answers or solutions, I searched and researched and finally found a helpful doctor who put me on the Paleo Autoimmune Protocol (AIP diet).
It was rough. This was back before anyone knew about the diet and hardly any recipes existed. Options were limited, bland, and took forever to make. I sometimes felt like it was a second full-time job! Yet as I looked at my kids, I knew I couldn’t give up, so I started to make systems and strategies — and delicious recipes — to make it so much easier.
I’m so thankful I persevered because it helped me go from a helpless, heartbroken mom to one who camps, hikes rigorous mountain trails with my family, loves yoga, Pilates, and Barre workouts, volunteers for hours every week at school, and best of all, plays with my kids for as long as I want. All of my symptoms are gone and I feel a vibrancy and zest for life that I didn’t even know was possible!
I not only want the same for you…I want to make it easier for you to make it happen.
Still have questions? Let me see if I can help…
What happens when I purchase the course?
You feel amazing that you’re taking this step towards health! Then, you can hop over to your inbox where you’ll find your login credentials so you can get into the resources right away.
How is the AIP Basics course delivered?
Everything can be accessed from your personal log-in on the Autoimmune Collective website! This is my site for both the Autoimmune Collective and the AIP Basics Course. Log in and access all of the online classes, guides, cheat sheets, etc from your computer, tablet, or smartphone. You can also download audios, printable guides, and handouts and save them to your devices.
What is the difference between the AIP Basics Course and the Autoimmune Collective Membership?
Great question! The AIP Basics Course is just access to the course on how, what, and why to do the AIP Diet. The Autoimmune Collective Membership is my monthly membership where you get done-for-you dump-and-go freezer meal plans, guided meditations, hypnosis audios, coaching, and community PLUS access to the AIP Basics Course. Go here to learn more about the Autoimmune Collective. Membership is only open a few times a year.
Wait...What the heck is AIP?
The AIP Diet is a temporary healing elimination and reintroduction strategy specifically for those with autoimmune disease. The main idea of the diet is to remove foods proven by scientific studies to commonly be problematic for those with autoimmune disease, then add in nutrient-dense foods that will help replenish your body and allow you to heal (which means relief from your symptoms!). In the end, you’ve got a highly customized diet that works best for YOU.
There are a few versions of AIP. Which one are you focused on, Michele?
Great question! The one I practice and teach is the Paleo Autoimmune Protocol. This version was developed by Dr. Sarah Ballantyne and is a subset of the Paleo Diet.
I’m already doing AIP -- will this help me?
It may, depending on how much you know. While you may already know the basics, like what foods to eat and avoid, etc, you may find the resources like recipes and journals helpful as well as the Tricky Situations module and the Reintroduction Module.
What makes you, Michele, the best person to learn from?
I’m an AIP Certified Health Coach as well as a Certified Clinical Hypnotherapist. I’m constantly learning and keeping up on the latest data and research in health and mindbody connection as it relates to autoimmune disease. I’m also an empath who’s been in your shoes.
When is the perfect time to start AIP?
Truth: There will never be a magical, perfect time where you have no other obligations, no stress, and plenty of free time to dedicate to your wellbeing. Start with small steps, and with AIC, we’ll make it easier for you to free up time and increase your energy through a healthy, manageable lifestyle change.
I’ve got a question that’s not answered here!
I’ve likely got an answer! Don’t hesitate to reach out to [email protected] and I’ll get back to you ASAP.